I enjoy my coffee – and so when I had the chance to jump on the Green Mountain Coffee Bzz Campaign I couldn’t turn it down! I was sent the Pumpkin spice flavor (my favorite flavor, and Monday is Pumpkin Spice Day!) and the House Blend. They are both totally awesome, there is no bitter taste and it all goes down smooth.
Another good thing about Green Mountain Coffee is that it is called Fair Trade coffee. I hadn’t heard of this before but am glad I was made aware of it and am now thinking it will be well worth it to keep supporting this company. What is Fair Trade? Well it’s this:
- Farmers are paid a fair price for their harvest
- Farmers can invest their Fair Trade premiums in their communities and businesses
- Farmers must adhere to a number of environmental standards
- Fair Trade Certified farms must follow strict labor laws and practices
- Fair Trade investments and requirements help create high-quality coffee
I like to think that when I purchase something at the store that I may be helping someone or a whole community. While the coffee is a bit more than we usually pay for our other coffee canister, since it’s helping out the farms and farmers and not to mention the superior taste of this coffee, makes me feel better about spending a little more on coffee.
**I’m a BzzAgent and received the above coffee from BzzAgent to facilitate my review – no promise of favorable reviews was implied, only honesty. No other compensation was given.